How to Take the Ultimate Detox Bath
If you’re looking for a way to add to your self-care routine, consider the benefits of a detox bath. From Epsom salts to foot fizzers, buttermilk baths and essential oils, you can benefit from purifying properties, soothed skin, easing muscle soreness and moisturising properties with the right bath blend.
Wondering how and what you can add into bath water to soothe your troubles away and draw the nasties from the inside-out? Check out our recommendations for drawing up your best bath today.
Six Steps to an Effective Detox Bath
Stepping into an effective, soothing and nurturing bath can be done with just a few quick easy steps. With a focus on wellbeing, skincare and nurturing nighttime routines, here are our six tips to drawing your best healing bath:
- Warm-hot water: Water that is too hot can irritate the skin, increase redness, and lead to increased skin dryness or dehydration. Settle for a comfortable warm-to-hot temperature that you can easily step into to help soothe sore muscles, and dissolve Epsom salts without scorching your skin.
- Epsom salts: Rich in minerals, vitamins and muscle soothing properties, when added to your bath Epsom salts have reported benefits of shooting itching skin and relieving muscle aches and pains with their high levels of magnesium.
- Essential oils: Skin and contact-safe essential oils can add fragrant, relaxing and moisturising benefits to your bath. Look for essential oils like lavender to help ease a worried mind, or calendula to help soothe and moisturise skin. Much the same as any essential oil, do your research to determine which may irritate sensitive skin (like peppermint, which can be too harsh for some) before adding them to your bath.
- Fizzing bath salts and bath bombs: Loaded with beneficial salts, essential oils, and a soothing fizzy sound, bath bombs can be popped into the bath with you and dissolve while you float your troubles away. An all-in-one solution, check out our range to save on having to buy multiple bath ingredients.
- Sweating: One of the body’s original purging methods, soaking in a warm bath can help raise the body temperature and encourage sweating, or detoxification through the skin. Be sure to take off your make-up or any skin clogging ingredients beforehand – you don’t want it to get trapped in your softened pores.
- Drink lots of water: As with any self-care routine that helps you cleanse through the skin and excess perspiration, we recommend rehydrating and flushing out any nasties with increased water intake. Late at night? Consider making a soothing and caffeine-free herbal tea before crawling into bed.
Bath Bombs, Foot Fizzers and Soaking Bath Salts
Looking for a faster way to relax and unwind? Consider shaking some fizzing bath salts, or essential oils into a basin or bucket of water and soaking your feet away. Taking a few minutes to relax and benefit from the same skincare and mineral rich properties as a full body bath, a quick foot soak and moisturising massage can be a great way to unwind after a long day.
Looking for a simple bath bomb solution? Check out our range for an all-in-one essential oil-loaded solution.